Please note: The license is valid for 12 months from the date the report is sent.
The oil sands market will experience a dramatic downturn in 2015 as the impact of the oil price fall impacts upon project economics and company budgets. An almost equally significant decline will be seen in 2018 as the last under-construction oil sands mining and upgrading projects are completed. The extent to which oil sands investment recovers over subsequent years will be highly dependent upon oil prices. Oil sands are towards the top end of the cost spectrum in terms of oil resource development, though there is a significant difference between the break even prices of new in-situ and oil sands mining projects.
Operators have an incentive to continue producing from existing oil sands projects, as in nearly all cases operational expenditure per barrel (OPEX/bbl) will be lower than the oil price. Most under-construction projects will also be completed due to funds already having been committed. However, producers have already cut their 2015 capital expenditure (CAPEX) budgets, and spending over the forecast will be highly correlated with the oil price. More projects will become economic as oil prices rise, pipelines are approved and the WCS-WTI differential narrows.
Visiongain calculates the oil sands market to be worth $31.7bn in 2015 in its anticipated oil price scenario, which is a reduction of nearly 15% from 2014 levels. The amount of oil sands spending over the coming decade will vary considerably in different regions and according to the technologies used, however.Why you should buy The Oil Sands Market Report 2015-2025
What is the future of the oil sands market? Visiongain’s comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision making and help to direct your future business strategy.
We guarantee in this 147-page report that you will receive key information which will benefit you as follows: View oil sands market forecasts and analysis from 2015-2025 to keep your competitive intelligence ahead of your rivals allowing you to exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed sales projections of the market, the competitors, and the commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2015-2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments
- The report provides anticipated, low and high oil price scenario forecasts to highlight how differing future oil prices would affect the market. Our report provides 147 tables, charts, and graphs.
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of the current and future oil sands market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the oil sands sector See an exclusive expert opinion interview with Prosper Petroleum, one of the few companies going ahead with a new oil sands project in the low oil price environment.
- By reading the full transcript you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t fall behind. You will gain a thorough knowledge on the oil sands sector, finding strategic advantages for your work; you will learn how your organisation can benefit - allowing you to assess prospects for investments and sales. Discover sales forecasts for the key oil sands submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the dynamics within the oil sands industry? Which submarkets will generate the most revenue? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Find where you can gain and how you
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
- Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
- 60 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
- More than 25,000 trusted sources