Table of Contents
APTs Create a “Must Have” Security Technology
A network security sandbox is a dedicated analysis environment in which a suspicious program is executed and the behavior of the program is observed, noted, and then analyzed in an automated manner. This report provides an analysis of the market for sandboxes including four years of historical market sizing including base year 2014 and five years of market forecast; market shares for the market participants; market description and market trends; drivers and restraints; competitive analysis of the leading sandbox solutions; competitive landscape of the sandbox market; and individual company profiles of the market participants. Segments of the market analyzed include geography, size of business, distribution channel and vertical market.
- Advanced persistent threats (APTs) are necessitating a behavioral approach to detecting malware. Instead of trying to detect malware based on what it is (signature based),
behavioral malware detection relies on what the malware does.
- A network security sandbox is an analysis environment (often virtualized) in which a suspicious program is executed and the behavior of the program is observed, noted, and then analyzed in an automated manner.
o This approach is more effective than just looking at the appearance of the executable, because sandboxing goes beyond just the mere appearance of the binary, and
observes what the binary does; and, therefore, it is much more conclusive in determining if an executable is malicious.
- The network security sandbox market represented over half a billion dollars in revenue in 2014, the vast majority of which came from North America. By 2019, the market will grow to $ billion and see a broader geographic revenue distribution.
- The market is dominated by FireEye, comprising almost two-thirds of 2014 market revenue. The market is seeing flurry of new market entrants as vendors of security
platforms augment their solutions with network security sandbox offerings.
- A combination of network security sandbox features and large market share puts FireEye in the position of clear market leadership.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Rise in security breaches and incidents among the enterprises is expected to drive the growth of the security technologies market during the forecast period” The report titled The Top 10 security ...
“Growing demand for managed network services, greater network accessibility, and superior network security, and the need for improving the business process at a minimum cost are driving the managed network ...
“The rising security breaches targeting enterprises and increasing sophistication of cyber-attacks are driving the incident response services market” The incident response services market size is estimated ...