Table of Contents
Financial Management is the Key Strategy for Sustainability
This industry performance and financial assessment of the global contract research organization (CRO) industry analyzes the financial ratios of companies across the globe. The research objectives are to rank companies based on their financial and risk management and identify key trends that can impact the performance of the industry participants over the next year. To assess the financial performance, ratios are divided into 4 categories: profitability, liquidity, activity (turnover), and solvency. Top performers in each industry are also highlighted.
Key Issues/Challenges that Impact the Contract Research Organization (CRO) Industry
- Lower pharmaceutical and biotechnology company profitability.
- Patent expiry and revenue loss in pharma and biotech companies.
- Declining research and development (R&D) by large pharma companies.
- The increasing cost of drug production, sales, and marketing have dented the past high profit margin of top pharmaceutical participants.
- All margin parameters remained relatively constant during the study period, indicating stability.
- Except for return on capital employed, all other ratios witnessed stable growth. The return on capital employed varied.
- The industry has tried to improve accounts receivable, which becomes the key when pharmaceutical R&D is haunted by uncertainties and challenges in bringing a drug from
laboratory to market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Superconductor market is accounted for $0.82 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $2.71 billion by 2022 growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%. ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Full Body Scanners market is accounted for $0.68 billion in 2015 and expected to reach $7.82 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 41.7% from 2015 to 2022. Huge ...
About Spectroscopy Spectroscopy is the study of interactions between matter (atom or mass) and electromagnetic radiation. It involves the study of different spectrums of light like infrared, ultraviolet, ...