Table of Contents
Power Distribution Franchise (DF) is a public-private partnership in the power distribution sector and it works as an intermediary between distribution utility and the end consumers. The concept of franchise model in electricity distribution was introduced to reduce the financial losses incurred by state discom due to huge Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses. Distribution Franchise model has been implemented in various Indian cities for supplying electricity to the consumers, and was able to bring down the AT&C losses by more than 20% during its period of operation. Over the years, government of India has continuously been voicing intentions of implementing distribution franchise model in 200 cities based on the success of distribution franchisees in the cities of Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha. In Varanasi, AT&C losses were over 30% in 2014, resulting in inadequate power supply, thereby calling for the implementation of distribution franchise model in the district.
According to TechSci Research report “Varanasi Power Distribution Franchise Model, 2015”, Varanasi district faced huge distribution losses of over 20% in 2014, which led to financial distress of the Poorvanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (Varanasi discom). The report underlines that AT&C losses in Varanasi district occur due to electricity theft, low metering efficiency, improper meter reading, faulty meters, inefficient billing and low collection efficiency. The report also reveals that Input and Investment based Franchise Model is the most prominent franchise model for distribution of electricity in India. Under this model, the franchisee is responsible for supply of power, metering, billing and collection of revenues as well as for up gradation and expansion of distribution infrastructure. Currently, prominent companies that are operating as power distribution franchisees in the country are Torrent Power, SPML Infra, Essel Utilities, Feedback Energy Distribution Company and CESC Limited. “Varanasi Power Distribution Franchise Model, 2015” discusses the following aspects related to Power Distribution Franchise Market in Varanasi District:
- Varanasi District Power Sector Outlook
- Analysis of parameters like AT&C Losses, Consumer Load data, Energy Sales data, etc.
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of Power Distribution Franchise Model and Power Sector of Varanasi district
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants and power distribution franchisees to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research-based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with discoms and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...
The report package Electric Generator and Motor Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook ...
The report package Electric Generating Set Market in Asia to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook fo ...