Table of Contents
India has excellent solar resources which makes solar power an ideal energy resource in India. With high energy consumption and rising power needs in the country, the Indian solar photovoltaics industry has been booming in recent years. Surpassing 3,000 MW of installed capacity of solar photovoltaics in the year 2014, India is one of the fastest growing markets in the world for solar PV. While the industry has been traditionally driven by off-grid installations, it has been noticed in recent years that favorable renewable energy policies are driving a shift towards on-grid installations of solar PV.
The Government of India has put in place several favorable policies for the renewable energy industry, in particular giving an edge to the growth of solar PV in India. In its 11th Five Year Plan, the government spent nearly USD 38 million on research and development alone to make solar PV feasible in terms of lower costs, improved performance of PV power plants and boosting the efficiency of PV systems as well.
In this industry scenario, Taiyou Research analyzes the Solar PV Market in India. The report covers the following:
- An extensive profiling of the global solar photovoltaics industry through industry definition, analysis of the global solar power market, capacity analysis of the global solar PV market, cost analysis of solar power, analysis of the global polysilicon market and an analysis of the market for PV cell.
- Market growth drivers and challenges.
- Energy consumption in India and the ever growing power market in the country is analyzed.
- An analysis of the renewable energy industry in India and a look at global carbon emissions and also the global renewable energy industry. Growth of the renewable energy market in India by value and volume is included in the report, installed capacity of renewable energy as well as planned capacity additions, industry segmentation, power generated from renewable energy, regulatory framework governing renewable energy in India and an industry outlook. Data analyzed is from 2010 to 2019.
- Solar photovoltaics market in India is analyzed through solar PV installations, solar resource in India, power generated from solar PV, industry segmentation of the market by states, major solar PV power plants in India and other statistics. Data analyzed for the industry is from 2005 to 2025.
- The cost of solar PV in India and import/export scenario is analyzed along with a look at investment in this market.
- Brief analysis of the market for solar PV equipment is also included.
- Competitive landscape and an analysis of major industry players such as Adani Power, Reliance Power, Tata Power, Lanco Infratech, Maharashtra State Power Generation and many others is included in the report.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Building-Integrated Photovoltaics market is accounted for $6.94 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $28.6 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 22.4% from 2015 ...
“According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Photovoltaic System Market is accounted for $XX million in 2015 and is expected to reach $XX million by 2022 growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period”. ...