Table of Contents
Mexico Wind Energy Outlook
Government initiatives to promote renewable sources of energy have supported the growth of the sector in Mexico, which aims to generate 35% of its domestic electricity from renewable sources by 2024. In December 2013, the energy sector underwent constitutional reforms aimed at increasing private sector investment but retaining control over the transmission and distribution channels. Mexico has good wind power potential, for which the main driver is the income tax law, although the Large-scale Renewable Energy Development Project, implemented by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), is also significant.
Several players such as Gamesa, Acciona and Iberdrola have expressed interest in investing in Mexico’s wind sector. The 2014-2015 period saw a total deal value of $5.6 billion, comprising largely asset transactions. The country has good wind power potential, especially in the state of Oaxaca. In 2013, Mexico had a cumulative wind installed capacity of 1.9 Gigawatts (GW), which increased to 2.4 GW in 2014. It currently has about 70 wind energy projects in its pipeline, which will oversee further increase in installed capacity.
- The report includes wind power capacity, generation, regulatory framework, upcoming projects and major deals.
Reasons to buy
- The report gives an overview of the country's wind energy sector.
- Helps in understanding the growth trajectory of wind power in the country
- Gain insights into the country's wind power policies and regulations
- Identify investment opportunities through upcoming wind energy projects
- Identify major deals and investments made in the wind energy sector during 2014-2015
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Alstom India forms a Joint Venture with Bharat Forge in October 2013, the Stock Prices of Alstom Indias share price went up 80% in the last 5 months and during almost the same time frame, Bharat forges ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Wind Power market is accounted for $185.47 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $310.54 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 7.6%. The wind power generation ...
Peru wind power market, which is estimated to be USD XX billion in 2016, is expected to grow to USD XX billion by 2022, at a CAGR of XX percent. One of the major factors driving the wind power market is ...