Table of Contents
Winning and Retaining Business in the North American Mining Equipment Sector, 2015
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- Customer priorities in supplier selection are product quality and availability of parts.
- Suppliers perform well, especially for 'opportunity to develop a long term relationship', 'average total operating hours' and 'breadth of supplier's product range'.
- Joy Global received the highest average satisfaction ratings in 10 of the 16 factors, although Caterpillar was considered the leading supplier for most categories of mining equipment.
- Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process, alongside the maintenance and services provided.
- Customers throughout North America are happy with their current supplier but 27% are open to change in the next 5 years.
- Product quality and reliability was the stand out area identified for improvement, followed by availability of parts and ability to support cost reduction.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of 101 senior managers at operating mines in Canada and the US, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. Respondents included a wide range of different commodity groups and both surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors most influence choice of supplier
- Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectations
- Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
This IDC Vendor Profile is one in a series of IDC studies that examine automated software quality solutions and provides both vendor analysis and customer reference context for technology adoption. This ...
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
WLAN hardware to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the enterprise WLAN market This study has been done on a global level covering five regions broadly, North America, Europe, ...