Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Jamaican Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Jamaica, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Jamaica.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Jamaican insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Financial Services Commissions is responsible for regulating the Jamaican insurance industry. It protects consumer rights and promotes development of country’s insurance industry.
- The government of Jamaica permits 100% foreign direct investment in the country's insurance industry.
- The practice of non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Jamaican insurance industry.
- The government of Jamaica is planning to introduce the National Health Insurance Scheme in the country under the National Health Fund Act.
- The Insurance Association of Jamaica provides support service to the insurance industry by effective lobbying, providing relevant information helpful for decision making, providing avenues for addressing common concerns and promoting sound industry practices and ethical conducts of members.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...