Table of Contents
Energy demand in Southeast Asia is expected to increase consistently over the next five years, on account of anticipated industrial growth, high GDP growth and increasing urbanization in Southeast Asian countries. During 2010-14, consumption of crude oil in Southeast Asia grew at 3.75%, while the production declined by 2.02%. A similar trend was observed in the region’s natural gas scenario, with consumption growing at 1.71% and natural gas production exhibiting a marginal growth of 0.44% during the same period. As a result of this widening gap in production and consumption of natural gas and crude oil in Southeast Asia, cross border energy trading is expected to offer huge opportunities for oil & gas producers as well as a viable solution for meeting the energy requirements of the region. Moreover, cross border energy exchange between Southeast Asian countries would bring down the costs associated with fuel transportation significantly.
According to “Southeast Asia Energy Sector Outlook, 2020”, a significant amount of energy generated in Southeast Asia is lost due to Aggregate Technical and Commercial (AT&C) losses during transmission and distribution of electricity. Consequently, governments are increasing their focus on improving and strengthening distribution and transmission networks for narrowing power demand supply gap. Additionally, increasing efforts by all regional governments to establish a favorable policy environment and eliminate trade barriers is expected to play a vital role in facilitating cross border energy exchange among Southeast Asian countries over the next decade. “Southeast Asia Energy Sector Outlook, 2020” discusses the following aspects of energy and power market in Southeast Asia:
- South East Asian Countries Energy and Power Market Size& Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - Natural Gas, Crude Oil & Power
- Regional Analysis – Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, Thailand & Vietnam
- Country Specific Regulatory Overview of Energy and Power Sector
- Competitive Landscape
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of energy and power scenario in Southeast Asia
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants and companies involved in energy and power sector to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with oil & gas producers, power distribution and transmission companies and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global cryogenic equipment market was estimated at USD 15.7 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 23.7 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period 2017-2022. Growth in LNG ...
Natural gas, like other commodities can be stored in different ways. Natural gas storage plays a vital role in meeting the fluctuating demands of consumers. The most prominent form of natural gas storage ...