Table of Contents
Kenya Wind Energy Outlook
Hydropower, thermal (diesel and kerosene) and geothermal are the three main sources of energy supporting the demand for power in Kenya. Wind power plays a minor role in the energy sector, accounting for less than 1% of the overall capacity as of 2014. However, plans to increase wind power capacity will lead to an increase in its contribution, from 0.3% in 2013 to 9.4% in 2017. Kenya plans to increase its total installed power capacity by 5,000 Megawatts (MW) by September 2016, of which wind is scheduled to contribute 630 MW. Kenya currently operates four wind power plants with a total capacity of 69 MW, and has 18 upcoming wind farms in various stages of development.
- The report includes wind power capacity, generation, regulatory framework, upcoming projects and major deals.
Reasons to buy
- The report gives an overview of the country's wind energy sector.
- Helps in understanding the growth trajectory of wind power in the country
- Gain insights into the country's wind power policies and regulations
- Identify investment opportunities through upcoming wind energy projects
- Identify major deals and investments made in the wind energy sector during 2014-2015
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
This report provides an insight into the sector - current scenario, structure and practices In depth market scenario includes: - Market estimate for CY 16 - Geographical presence of key players - Providing ...
Alstom India forms a Joint Venture with Bharat Forge in October 2013, the Stock Prices of Alstom Indias share price went up 80% in the last 5 months and during almost the same time frame, Bharat forges ...