Table of Contents
BIOSIMILARS - Regulatory Framework and Pipeline Analysis
Biosimilars are copied versions of biologics that offer a 20-50% reduction in cost compared with innovative biologic products. Biosimilars are getting the world wide attention as the cost of the innovative biologics are enormously high and even minimal reduction in price will reduce the healthcare spending substantially. All the countries are focusing on reducing the healthcare expenditure and biosimilars compliments to this goal. Biologic products are complex in structure and follow a complex manufacturing process thus, some variation exists between the reference product and its biosimilar. It is very important to assess the variations in biosimilars by comparing with reference product to ensure quality, non-clinical, and clinical properties, which has given rise to the regulatory requirements for biosimilars. Regulatory requirement for approving biosimilars varies across different regulatory bodies. However, all the countries have derived the basic theme from EMA and WHO guidelines for framing their regulatory structure. There is a need to harmonize the nomenclature of biosimilars, extrapolation of indications, and interchangeability of biosimilars with reference products across the regulatory bodies. Biosimilars market is developing and it could be well established with the pipeline that is poised to deliver a wave of biosimilars in the market in the near future
The scope of the report includes -
- Market dynamics: Trends, Drivers, and Barriers
- WHO guidance for biosimilars
- Regulatory overview, biosimilar guidelines, regulatory framework for biosimilars, and market outlook for: Europe, USA, India, South Korea, Japan and China.
- Key players
- Pipeline Analysis
- By Stage of Development / Molecule / Therapy Area / Indication
- Late-Stage / Phase II / Phase I Pipeline Biosimilars
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
- Understand the regulatory requirement and regulatory framework that facilitates effective product development strategy as biosimilars industry is currently highly focused, growing, and outpacing the growth rate of small molecule pharmaceutical market
- Targeting geographies would be easy by comparing different regulatory frameworks; this would also provide a base for designing a strategy to enter the developed markets. Biosimilars are of interest in developed countries to reduce the healthcare expenditure
- With the recent approvals of biosimilars by USFDA, the biosimilars market is going to grow and this report examines the post approval market landscape
- Examine the biosimilars pipeline and specifies the products that are highly targeted, it also includes analysis of highly focused indications, mechanism of actions, and therapy areas in the pipeline
- Analyze the details of the clinical pipeline that includes late stage products, Phase II, and Phase I products. Detailed understanding of the pipeline will help in targeting the products for development, rate the current products and predict the competition
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Biosimilars Market by Product (Recombinant Non-glycosylated Proteins (Insulin, rHGH, Interferon), glycosylated (mAb, EPO), Peptides (Glucagon, Calcitonin)), Manufacturing (In-House, CM0) & Application ...
A Growing Number of Incentive Policies to Propel Growth in the Next 5–7 Years, with Oncology as the Fastest Adopter Patent expiration and increased use of traditional generic drugs are leading to a ...
Hoovers Research analysis is one of the most accurate studies performed using the combinational analytical tools. The report contains up to date financial data derived from varied research sources to present ...