Table of Contents
Maintenance and Aftermarket Preferences in Mining for Northern America, 2015
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- OEMs dominate the market for strategic parts, with 55% of respondents reporting that they only use OEMs for such parts, while 43% use a mix of both OEM and third-party providers. The small remainder uses only third-party-providers.
- North America is the one global mining region where third parties have an advantage. Some 41% of underground respondents involve third-party providers for strategic parts, versus 31% for surface respondents.
- 66% of respondents prefer a ‘work with me’ structure, with regular interaction with equipment suppliers to provide them with support services. This is in comparison to those who prefer to completely outsource support (12%) and those preferring to conduct all work in-house (22%).
- ‘Maintenance only’ is the preferred service contract in North America, with almost half (44%) of respondents outlining their preference for this structure.
- The survey is based on responses from over 100 senior managers and decision makers at North American mines and provides detailed analysis of maintenance and aftermarket preferences. Survey respondents came from either Canada or the United States. This included 4 different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Understand mining companies’ use of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) or third parties for equipment parts and for processing equipment needs. Also how these preferences vary by commodity, company size and region.
- Gain knowledge of mining company preferences for after-sales support structure, and identify the services required based on mine type, company size and commodity.
- Understand the importance mining companies place on service and maintenance costs and capabilities. Then compare the results with the actual rated performance of these equipment manufacturers.
- Identify the service contract preferences of mines in North America, and compare across mine type, region and company size.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...