Table of Contents
The report titled “Tanzania Spice Industry Outlook to 2018 – Driven by Local Association Endeavors and Organic Farming” provides a comprehensive analysis of the various aspects such as market size of the Tanzania spice industry, clove market, nutmeg, mace and cardamom market, pepper market, ginger market and anise badian, fennel and corian market. The report also covers the landscape of major players in the Tanzania spice industry along with the investment model for setting up a spice farm in Tanzania.
The revenues generated in this industry have witnessed an increase over the years with a fall in 2011/2012 due to the global economic slowdown which severely impacted exports. The major spice in the country has been cloves which are grown on Zanzibar islands. In 2013/14, clovers comprised of ~% of the total spice market. The amount of spices sold is subjected to several major factors such as international prices, amount of rainfall and capital. The spice industry in Tanzania has grown at a CAGR of 8.0% from USD ~ million in 2008/ 09 to USD ~ million in 2013/14.
The spice industry in Tanzania is comprised of various small scale farmers which have dominated the market. However, many processing and trading companies have developed partnerships with the local farmers to form a bridge between them and the international market. These companies have also played a role in training farmers to improve production capacity along with providing them tools to boost productivity. Zanzibar State Trading Corporation is the only organization which regulated and monitors the production and sale of cloves in Tanzania. Other companies such as Export Trading Group and METL, which deal with a wider variety of spices play a crucial role in the spice industry. Moreover, the presence of an organized sector for farming in the country has increased to ~% in 2013/14 reflecting the progress made in the local market.
The major spices grown and exported from Tanzania include cloves and ginger. Cloves held a market share of ~% with revenues touching to USD ~ million, whereas, ginger comprised of ~% of the Tanzanian spice market with revenues of USD ~ million in the same year. The market share of these spices has been majorly dependent upon the price offered in the local and international markets.
The market for spices in Tanzania is changing at a brisk rate. Increased use of mechanized farming and formation of associations for better market information systems has fuelled the growth of this industry. Moreover, conformity with the international standards of spices has resulted in a higher export volume to high value international markets. Revenues from the Tanzania spice industry are expected to expand from USD ~ million in 2018/19, growing at a CAGR of ~% form 2013/14 to 2018/19.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the Tanzania spice industry.
- The market size of the Tanzania clove market.
- The market size of the Tanzania nutmeg, mace and cardamom market.
- The market size of the Tanzania ginger market.
- The market size of the Tanzania pepper market.
- The market size of the Tanzania anise, badian, fennel and corian market.
- Market segmentation of the spices on the basis of type of spice, organized and unorganized sectors, revenue generation and volumetric production.
- Market segmentation of each spice on the basis of exports and imports by value, volume and major destinations.
- Trends and Development in the Tanzania spice industry.
- Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major players in the Tanzania spice industry.
- Investment model for setting up a spice farm in Tanzania.
- Future outlook and projections of the Tanzania spice industry on the basis of revenue generated.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Herbs, Spices & Seasonings (Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Herbs, Spices & Seasonings (Seasonings, Dressings ...
Herbs, Spices & Seasonings (Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces) Market in Europe - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Herbs, Spices & Seasonings (Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces) ...
Herbs, Spices & Seasonings (Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces) Market in Asia-Pacific - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Herbs, Spices & Seasonings (Seasonings, Dressings ...