Table of Contents
Key Growth Opportunities in the South African Construction Chemicals Market : Government Expenditure and Technological Advancements are Expected to Drive Demand
The South African construction chemicals market can be described as mature and is expected to experience slow growth over the forecast period of the study. The market is highly competitive with a number of well-established local and international participants. The growth in the public sector’s capital expenditure plan is likely to facilitate demand for construction chemicals. This study examines drivers and restraints, market trends, demand and supply, and the effects of imports on domestic participants. It analyses the flooring; waterproofing; and concrete protection, repair, and rehabilitation markets. The study period is from 2012 to 2019; the base year is 2014.
The South African construction chemicals market is mature, and can be expected to experience slow growth over the forecast period of the study (2015–2019).
- The market is highly competitive, with a number of well-established local and international participants including Chryso South Africa (Pty) Ltd, BASF South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Sika South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Grace Construction Chemicals, and Mapei SA (Pty) Ltd.
- The market is price sensitive, which is expected to become more severe in the future.
- Technologically advanced construction chemicals are imported from Europe as this is where research and development (R&D) by large multinationals takes place.
- The growth in the public sector’s capital expenditure plan is likely to facilitate growth in the construction chemicals sector.
- Promoting products to architects/specifiers/engineers is considered key to ensure that products are considered in the selection process and can lead to repeat purchases as the market operates according to a “tried and tested” mentality.
- Cementitious flooring, resinous flooring, and acrylic waterproofing products are expected to present the most attractive compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) of %, %, and % respectively.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Provide a broad understanding of the flooring market to business planners, investors and other professionals with quantifiable market measurements, as well as the markets for adjacent ...
The global building thermal insulation market is anticipated to reach USD 36.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The demand for energy is on a rise in the developed ...
The North America building thermal insulation market is slated to reach USD 10.75 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Favorable regulations focusing on lowering the ...