Country Profile—Azerbaijan : Innovation and Knowledge Centre—Economic Research
This country profile is an instant guide to the political, economic, demographic, industrial, and business environment of Azerbaijan. The report provides a range of quantitative and qualitative information on a variety of national aspects including geography, education, labor, infrastructure, tax, trade, investment, and ease of doing business. It also provides a PESTLE analysis of the country’s business climate. The profile can be an effective tool for businesses in their marketing, strategy, and planning exercises when studying the future prospects of an economy.
Situated on the edge of Europe and Western Asia, Azerbaijan is the gateway between the East and the West.
- The country’s demographic profile is young, with a median age of years. More than % of its population live in urban areas; this figure is expected to rise with the increasing urbanization.
- Since the last decade, Azerbaijan has been one of the fastest growing economies in the world. The average growth is expected to remain stable at % during the period 2015–2020.
- Azerbaijan is one of the oldest oil producing countries in the world, and an important oil and natural gas supplier in the Caspian Sea region. Its government has used its vast oil and gas resources to maintain social stability.
- Industrial is one of the most developed sectors contributing % to the economy, with its manufacturing industry accounting for approximately % of the gross domestic product (GDP).
- The service sector contributes % to the GDP and is led by transport services, financial services, and tourism.
- Azerbaijan is known for its political stability; the national assembly election in November 2015 is unlikely to create any upsets. Meanwhile, the danger of repression and the weakness of the opposition
Table Of Contents
Country ProfileâAzerbaijan Table Of Contents 1 COUNTRY PROFILEâAZERBAIJAN
Executive Summary 1 Executive Summary
General Overview 1 General Overview 2 General OverviewâGeography 3 General OverviewâClimate
Industry 1 IndustryâSelect Indicators 2 Industry Structure 3 Shareholder Rights 4 Industry Supportive Actions and Policies
Trade and Investment 1 Trade and Investment Environment 2 Trade and Investment EnvironmentâTrade Agreements
Ease of Doing Business 1 Ease of Doing BusinessâSnapshot 2 Ease of Doing BusinessâSetting up Businesses 3 Ease of Doing BusinessâSetting up Businesses 4 Ease of Doing BusinessâElectricity, Property, and Credit 5 Ease of Doing BusinessâInvestors and Contracts 6 Ease of Doing BusinessâTaxes and Trading Across Borders 7 Ease of Doing BusinessâInsolvency