Table of Contents
Technology Investment Priorities in Mining in North America, 2015
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- The primary technologies in which respondents plan to increase investments are vehicle-related, specifically collision avoidance, fatigue management, real-time video training, remote control/machine automation, and fleet management.
- For each of the 12 areas, at least 55% of respondents already have these technologies in place at their sites.
- 29% of respondents are currently using autonomous vehicles, with a further 6% planning on implementing in less than 2 years.
- Safety is the leading driver of technology investment, followed by productivity improvements and then cost reduction.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of 101 senior managers at operating mines in Canada and the US, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. This included four different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations. Respondents were asked to outline their current and future intentions for technology investments across 12 areas, which included mine design, mine survey equipment, scheduling and optimization, equipment health monitoring and machine automation. The report outlines the drivers for these investments and outlines safety, productivity and cost cutting needs as influential in decision-making.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what factors most influence technology investment, and how this varies by commodity group, mine type, company size and country.
- Target the segments with the greatest opportunity for technology products and services.
- Segment the market according to those fully invested, those partially invested and those not considering investment in each technology.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
This 360 View Update discovers consumers' mobile activities in the vehicle and their attitudes and concerns about their in-car experiences. It provides data and recommendations for software developers, ...
Long-range EVs with Light Batteries and More Unified Designs will Dominate This study offers key highlights from analysis of the global electric vehicle (EV) market in 2016 and identifies the upcoming ...