Table of Contents
2015 Global Defense Outlook : Revisiting the Cold War While Confronting Terrorism
This research service focuses on global defense spending categories such as research, development, testing, and evaluation; procurement; operations and maintenance, and services. Global, regional, and specific program information for 25 countries is included. The global defense outlook comprises spending forecasts for 12 technology segments, including fixed wing aircraft, ships, combat vehicles, and weapons. In addition, the study indicates which global defense firms have the largest total market share, and provides insight on leading regional and local market participants. The base year for financial spending is 2014, and the forecast is through 2020.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading market drivers and restraints?
- What are the top technology segments for the defense market?
- What regions and specific countries will have the fastest defense procurement spending growth?
- What companies are leading the global market, and what companies are local leaders?
Global defense budgets in 2014 totaled approximately $ trillion.
- Defense procurement spending in 2014 was about $ billion. Procurement spending in 2015 is estimated to be $ billion with a % compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2014 to 2019.
- The United States had the largest overall defense budget. Its 2015 procurement budget request is about $ billion.
- The Asia-Pacific region has the fastest expected defense procurement CAGR, at %.
- Command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) is the largest technology segment at about $ billion in 2014.
- The unmanned vehicles technology segment has the highest expected CAGR of %, followed by rotary wing aircraft at %.
- Lockheed Martin was the top global defense firm in 2014 with about $ billion in contracts accounting for % of the market.
- The top global defense firms had 2014 revenues totaling about $ billion, accounting for % of the market. - Through 2019, Japan, Poland, and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and Nordic Defense Cooperation (NORDEFCO) members will be key markets. Globally, missile defense systems, submarines, ordnance, and missiles will be in high demand.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Geospatial analytics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.2%” The geospatial analytics market is projected to grow from USD 30.71 billion in 2016 to USD 73.91 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 19.2%. ...
Global Military Personal Protective Equipment Market: Overview Military personal protective equipment has become a crucial and standard element of soldier equipment. One of the major factor driving the ...
“Fiber optics gyroscope market to grow at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 and 2022” The fiber optics gyroscope market is expected to reach USD 1,037.0 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 3.61% between 2016 ...