Table of Contents
Analysis of the US Hospital Real-time Location Systems Market : Improving Efficiency Technology for Inpatient Care
Real-time Location Systems (RTLS) can be a part of the technologies leveraged by hospitals to support the operational, care, and cost optimization. Static point-to-point RTLS has evolved to second- and third-generation systems that can utilize a combination of embedded analytics and floor space tracking. With reductions in technology pricing, an increase in adoption rates, especially for enterprise-level development, is expected. This report covers the total hospital RTLS market as well as segments, such as asset tracking, patient and staff management, and hygiene management. Key market trends, revenue forecasts, demand analysis, and profiles of selected vendors are provided.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the major drivers behind the adoption of RTLS technologies?
- What are the technologies that are enabling this shift?
- What are the key needs of customers?
- What is the competitive spectrum for the RTLS market?
- What is the overall revenue-based market size and growth forecast?
- How will key macro trends impact the market over the next four years?
- The evolution of 1st-generation static point-to-point RTLS, which focuses on static low-distance room-based identification has now transformed to smarter 2nd- and 3rd-generation (2nd-gen and 3rd-gen) systems that can utilize a combination of embedded analytics and larger floor space tracking.
- Frost & Sullivan estimates that total US hospital utilization of RTLS systems is still under %, but lowering tag costs are driving new adoption interest, particularly for enterpriselevel deployments.
- Overall, asset tracking systems continue to dominate market interest at approximately % of all sales from hospital installations, with “human flow” applications like patient and staff management at approximately % in 2013. The newer market for integrated patient flow systems that include a PHI component is also expected to grow sharply. Allied ambient utilities, such as hygiene management, trail at a range of % to % of breakout sales from installations in 2013.
- Mixed use cases of active RFID and broader RTLS continue to be the norm for most new deployments, with new mixed RFID/IR and, in a very small subset, RFID/ultrasound.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Asset management system market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The asset management system market is expected to reach USD 25.55 billion by 2022, growing at ...
About location-based services LBS is provided through location-enabled mobile devices. This software application uses real-time data to track the geographical location of the mobile user through geographic ...
“Higher adoption of business intelligence and increasing market competitiveness to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the location-based services and real-time location systems ...