Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance – The Bermudian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Bermuda, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Bermuda.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Bermuda.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Bermudian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
- The Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA) is the government regulatory body supervising and regulating the Bermudian insurance and reinsurance industry.
- Effective from January 1, 2016, Bermuda’s commercial insurers’ and reinsurers’ regimes were declared equivalent to EC’s Solvency II regime.
- Foreign direct investment up to 100% is permitted in the insurance industry of Bermuda.
- Social insurance system, health insurance, motor third-party liability insurance, merchant shipping insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and professional indemnity insurance are the key classes of compulsory insurance in the Bermudian insurance industry.
- The government of Bermuda does not impose any tax on corporate incomes, capital gains and dividends. This no tax regime of Bermuda extends until 2016.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...