Table of Contents
Source Market Insights: Belgium provides an overview of the Belgian outbound market, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of the number of Belgian tourists going abroad, their spending habits, and the main destination markets
- The Belgian outbound market recorded 5.2% growth in 2014, increasing from 10.7 million trips in 2013 to 11.1 million trips. Outbound trips are important to Belgians, even in tough economic times. With only 2.7 million domestic trips made in 2014, Belgians prefer outbound journeys over domestic trips. As a result, outbound expenditure has been growing in the last few years
- Ryanair opened its second Belgian base at Brussels Zaventem airport in 2014 and is also the market leader in Belgium. Meanwhile, Antwerp Airport and Oostende Airport (both based in Flanders) have both witnessed fast growth in terms of passengers by opening up new routes
- Close to 31% of all outbound trips were to France in 2014, which remains by far the most popular holiday destination for Belgians. The Netherlands as an outbound destination has also seen rapid growth in the last few years, although the average Belgian tourist only spent 2.6 nights in the Netherlands in 2013
The report provides detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the entire Belgian outbound tourism sector from 2010 to 2019
- Detailed analysis of the mode of transport preferred for outbound trips including air, water, land, and rail
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Belgian outbound tourism sector
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Belgian outbound tourism sector
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian outbound tourism sector, along with key trends and growth opportunities
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions. Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and ...
Egypt is one of the fastest growing and most promising economy in Africa. Egypt's high growth rate in recent years was driven by high international tourist inflow, growth in trade & logistics and ICT market. ...
Malaysia Medical Tourism Market: Overview In terms of revenue, the Malaysia medical tourism market is expected to register a CAGR of 30.5% during the forecast period, 2016–2024. The primary objective ...