Table of Contents
Timetric’s 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Belizean Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Belize. It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operations of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, recent and upcoming changes in regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Belize, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Belize.
- The latest key changes and changes expected in Belizean insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Belize.
- Key GRC parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency requirements, reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- This report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Belize.
- The report contains details of rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the Belizean insurance regulatory
- The repot analyzes rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance business in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Belize.
- Track latest regulatory changes and expected changes impacting the Belizean insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices relating to various types of insurance product.
- The Belizean insurance industry is regulated by the Office of the Supervision and International Financial Services Commission.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in the Belizean insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and professional liability insurance for insurance brokers are compulsory classes of insurance.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited by law. However, reinsurers are permitted to operate without obtaining a license.
- 100% FDI is permitted in the Belizean insurance industry.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...