Table of Contents
MediPoint: Advanced Wound Dressings - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Advanced wound dressings are used to treat a variety of acute wounds, such as burns, cuts, lacerations and abrasions, chronic wounds, such as a diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and leg ulcers, and surgical wounds sustained during various procedures.
Advanced dressings are a steadily growing segment of the wound care industry, with many companies marketing a wide variety of formats. Emerging markets are expected to demonstrate the highest growth among the 10 major markets (10MM) covered in the report, including the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, India and Brazil.
The major segments of advanced wound dressings are foams, alginates, hydrocolloids, hydrofibers, collagens, hydrogels, semi-permeable films, superabsorbents and wound contact layers.
The advanced dressings market will be strongly driven by increasing prevalence of chronic wounds worldwide because rates of risk factors, such as diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular disease, continue to rise.
The global advanced dressings market is largely dominated by the key players such as Smith & Nephew, 3M, Molnlycke, ConvaTec and Coloplast. Smaller manufacturers such as Paul Hartmann, Acelity and Urgo also play an important role in the market.
Unmet needs will future innovation in the development of smart dressings and wound diagnostics.
Key Opinion Leaders emphasize the rise of chronic wounds and associated risk factors as an incentive for the development of better wound care. Furthermore, they highlight technological limitations of certain advanced dressing formats and enumerate unmet needs, such as the need for better clinical evidence.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future advanced wound dressings market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that dressings manufacturers should expand into? Which markets segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with advanced dressings currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as wound diagnostics and smart dressings fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors affect a physician to use one type of dressing over another? What are the physician perception s and market outlooks of advanced dressings?
- What are the challenges that have hindered widespread adoption?
- How will emerging trends and changing market landscapes affect the future of advanced dressings?
- Emerging economies are seeing the highest growth in the global advanced wound dressings market.
- Established dressing formats, such as foams, are widely adopted, but hydrofibers, wound contact layers and superabsorbents are the fastest rising segments as key factors including better exudate management and pain mitigation become more important.
- The most proactive wound care firms are providing comprehensive portfolios, undertaking key M&A’s, fostering innovation, and focusing wisely on emerging markets to stay competitive.
- Rising rates of risk factors to acquiring chronic wounds are the primary drivers of the wound care market. Despite respectable adoption of advanced dressings, unmet needs and non-clinical barriers remain a challenge.
- Overview of wound indications, key factors, epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities.
- Annualized total advanced dressings market revenue by type of dressings and market outlooks by country through 2021.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies, including novel collagen scaffolds and biomaterial platforms.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global advanced dressings market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global advanced wound dressings market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global advanced dressings market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific advanced dressings market from 2011-2020.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global wound care market was worth $24,482.9 million in 2015 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2016-2022. Among the various wound care products type, the advanced wound care products ...
The medical supplies market is expected to reach USD 136.63 billion by 2021 from USD 98.33 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. Factors such as rising number of surgeries, increasing ...
The global sterilization equipment market is expected to reach USD 9.8 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Increasing number of hospital stays and growing awareness amongst ...