Table of Contents
The success story of the Australian baby food market has been finger foods; where sales rose by 11.3% in 2014, while volume was also up by 4.4%. The lead of the sector is hotly contested between Heinz (which has a marginal lead in value terms) and Rafferty's Garden (which is ahead in volume). Only Organic is also significant in the sector, ranking third with nearly 17% of value sales. In Spain Fruit-based jars represent 34.5% of the baby meals sector. Plum is clear market leader in the organic baby food sector, and gained distribution and share in the first quarter of the year in the USA.
- Sales of milks through grocery and drug market outlets only rose by 36% in 2014. Volumes rose by 23%, largely as a result of the continuing growth in demand from China, while a double-digit price increase also boosted sales.
- According to Retail World's latest annual survey, the grocery market for baby food excluding infant formula managed a marginal 0.5% increase in 2014. However, volume was down by 4.5%, with a changing product mix in favor of lightweight but expensive finger foods boosting value and depressing volume.
- In Danone's first quarter of 2015, Early Life Nutrition sales rose by 18.6% or 11.6% on a like-for-like basis, with a 4.4% like-for-like increase in volume and a 7.2% price increase. The company reports that all regions put in solid performances, with double-digit growth in Europe, Asia (excluding China), Latin America and the Middle East.
“Baby Nutrition Insights - Issue 24”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the key markets in the Baby Food industry.
What else does this report offer?
- Market profile based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Baby Food industry globally.
- Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation
- Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
The Global Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) Market is poised to grow at a CAGR of around xx% over the next decade to reach approximately $xx million by 2025. This industry report analyzes the market estimates ...
About Baby Food and Infant Formula Baby food is any soft food (other than breastmilk or infant formula) that is made specifically for babies between the ages of four to six months and two years. Infant ...