Get this report today!
Table of Contents
Pharmaceutical Market Trends, 2010 - 2014: Key market forecasts & growth opportunities presents a detailed trend analysis of the global pharmaceutical market to the end of 2009 and forecasts until 2014. This 142 page report, from URCH Publishing, presents a series of market forecasts and growth opportunities in order to help inform pharmaceutical decision-making, particularly in the areas of corporate planning, portfolio management and market forecasting.
The report is divided into five key sections. Chapters 2-5 present historical trends for key pharmaceutical markets, key therapy areas, key products and key companies. The final report chapter outlines future pharmaceutical trends and key growth opportunities.
The data and analysis contained within the report are derived from Delphi Pharma, Company Trends Database to provide a comprehensive, consistent and up-to-date single-point reference for understanding key pharmaceutical market trends in 2010.
“The global pharmaceutical market grew to $808 billion in 2009, at a compound annual growth rate of 9.3% between 1999 and 2009. Year-on-year growth in the global pharmaceutical market decreased to 4.6% in 2009, largely as a result of cost containment in the US and major European markets and the impact of several blockbuster patent expiries in 2008 and 2009.”
Findings from the report include:
• 125 pharmaceutical drugs generated more than $1billion in global sales. The top 100 blockbuster drugs generated sales of US$285.
• The top 10 companies ranked by pharmaceutical sales generated total sales of $317 billion.
• The global pharmaceutical market is forecast to grow to $1,033 billion in 2014, an equivalent CAGR of 5.0% over the next five years.
• The leading therapy areas by global pharmaceutical sales in 2009 were CNS with a 15.8% market share and cardiovascular with 14.5%.
• The CNS pharmaceutical market will decrease from $127.8 billion in 2009 to $118.5 billion in 2014, a CAGR of -1.5%.
• In 2009 there were a total of 14 cardiovascular blockbuster products with combined sales amounting to $50.7 billion.
• The US pharmaceutical market grew by 3.0% in 2009 to $300.3 billion with highest growth in mail services and clinics.
• The major five Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK, together accounted for over 60% of all European pharmaceutical sales in 2009.
• Pfizer had the greatest number of blockbuster products in 2009 with 14, which includes five inherited through the acquisition of Wyeth.
READERS OF THIS REPORT WILL FIND
• Comprehensive guidance on market trends for key countries, regions, therapy areas, products and companies.
• Country profiles for leading pharma markets with market segment trends and five year forecasts.
• Therapy area profiles for leading classes, Alimentary/metabolism, Antineoplastic/immunomodulatory, Anti-infectives market, CNS, Cardiovascular and Respiratory market with key products and sales forecasts.
• Detailed profiles of 10 leading pharmaceutical and biotech products in 2009, including five year future sales forecasts.
• Detailed profiles of 10 leading pharmaceutical companies in 2009, including 2014 sales forecasts.(AstraZeneca, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson and Johnson, Merck & Co, Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi-Aventis Wyeth).
USE THIS REPORT TO:
1. Rapidly gain an overview into the global and regional pharmaceutical market and the top 10 companies and products.
2. Find the new areas of pharmaceutical market growth and key opportunities for delivering successful sales growth over the next five years.
3. Support internal planning and decision-making with an external perspective founded on detailed analysis and transparent market forecasts.
The report methodology provides a detailed but transparent analysis of key pharmaceutical market trends, including key markets, therapy areas, products and companies. Historical trends are formed over a three-year time horizon and future forecasts are made using a five-year future time period. Thus, the data and analysis relate to the nine-year time horizon from 2005 to 2014.
Two proprietary SOURCES provide the key data from which all company and product analysis has been conducted. In association with URCH Publishing, Delphi Pharma’s Product Trends Database and Company Trends Database maintain historical and forecast data for the top 125 drug brands and the leading 59 pharmaceutical companies each of which generated more than US$1 billion in global pharmaceutical sales in 2009.
Talk to Alison
(866) 682 9815
The Largest Collection of Market Research Reports
From +200,000 authoritative sources
This market research report package offers a perspective on the actual market situation, trends and future outlook for vaccines in different countries around the world. The studies provide essential market ...
Espicom market intelligence, brought to you by Business Monitor International The Americas Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Reports feature independent forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports ...
"Analytical Tool - Hematological Cancers" offers a unique tool for analyzing the vast amount of strategic possibilities that have emerged in R&D and business development in hematological cancers. It is ...
... Reduce respiratory depression Long-acting profile Properties inherent to molecule source: ims midas; resources global chronic pain therapy market received fast track status from fda ...
... Services. Contact him at 1.650.465.0119 Or figure 1. Supply and demand for clinical research personnel (2012/2013) ...
Reportlinker.com © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.