Table of Contents
Country Profile – Sri Lanka
A country profile is an instant guide to the political, economic, demographic, industrial, and business environment of a market. The report provides a range of quantitative and qualitative information on a variety of national aspects, including geography, economy, education, demography, labour, political climate, infrastructure, industry, tax, trade, investment, and ease of doing business. Additionally, the report provides a PESTLE analysis of a country's business climate. The country profile can be an effective tool for businesses in their marketing, strategy, and planning exercises when studying the future prospects of an economy.
The country’s demographic profile is relatively young, with a median age of years.
- Sri Lanka has a significantly diverse working population with roughly a third each in agriculture, high-value add industry and services sectors, and manual labour.
- Mahinda Chintana: Vision for a New Sri Lanka aims to increase per capita income from $ in 2010 to $ by 2016 and achieve percent growth by employment creation, quality and access.
- Political stability has improved as was evidenced in the 2015 elections with a peaceful handover of power to the new President in January and new government in August.
- There is also a recalibration of Sri Lankan foreign policy away from China towards India and the US.
- Sri Lanka is a lower middle - income economy with a GDP per capita of USD (2014).
- Prominent industrial produce includes processing of rubber, tea, coconuts, tobacco and other agricultural commodities, clothing, textiles, cement, petroleum refining and construction.
-The industrial sector employs percent of the labour force
- Economic growth is expected to average out at percent over the period 2015-2020.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Glass Tableware Market: Overview Glass tableware comprises of products which are used for serving food for dining, and other purposes as well. They also form a part of table setting. The global ...
Tableware Summary The tableware market grew by a steady 1.4% in 2016. The market is robust due to the essential nature of the items and is largely replacement driven. However, the tableware market is still ...
“The emergency spill response market is driven by stringent environmental regulations for preventing spills and the government focus on reducing the environmental pollution” The emergency spill response ...