Table of Contents
Military Airborne Electronic Warfare (EW) Market in 14 Key Countries: Upgrades and Evolving Technologies Focus on Integrated EW Architecture and Remotely Piloted Aircraft
Globally, upgrade programs for Electronic Warfare (EW) systems will be taking up more EW hardware than new procurement programs, in the short and mid terms. As new procurement deliveries converge starting in 2017, forward-fit EW systems will enter service.
- EW spending in the US will be $ billion in 2015 and will reduce to $ million in 2019. There will be a slight growth in the spending up to 2016 owing to the Prowler and F-15 EW upgrade programs.
- EW spending in Australia will be $ million in 2015 and will decline to $ million in 2019.
- While prime contractors dictate the uptake of EW equipment in North America, Consortiums dictate the uptake of EW systems in Europe. NATO-driven standardization will impact EW decisions in the European region.
- Overall, major new procurement programs will potentially be delayed due to budget constraints which will impose the need for upgrade of existing EW capabilities. This will result in increasing upgrade spending.
- The evolving EW technologies are looking to:
- Reduce EW receiver size for integration with Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA)
- Installing the capability to collaboratively locate hostile jamming sources
- Enhance the ‘stealth’ capability of aircraft by evaluating and optimizing onboard radar operations
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The Global Electronic Warfare Market 2016-2026 Summary Global Electronic Warfare market is expected to value US$14.4 Billion in 2016, and will grow at a CAGR of 3.13%, to value US$19.6 Billion by 2026. ...
“The Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.16% from 2016 to 2022” The Digital Radio Frequency Memory (DRFM) market is projected to reach USD 1,222.2 million ...
“Increasing demand for advanced communication systems to replace legacy equipment” The type of missions being carried out by defense forces has been changing rapidly over the past few years. The bulky ...