Table of Contents
Increasing GDP per capita and low inflation rate to support consumer spending in Canada. The Canadian Soup market is forecast to register a higher growth during 2014-2019 compared to 2009-2014 and is led by the Ambient Soup category. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the dominant distribution channel in the Canadian Soup market. Can-Food was the most commonly used container material and accounted for a dominant share in the Soup market.
- Increasing GDP per capita, supported by a growing young population and low inflation rates will drive the market for consumer packaged goods in Canada. The Soup forecast to grow at a marginally higher CAGR of 3.3% during the period 2014-2019 to reach CA$856.4 million (US$695.3 million) by 2019.
- The Ambient Soup category) accounts for the largest value with 78.0% share in the Soup market . The UHT Soup category will register the fastest CAGR growth at 5.8% in local currency terms during 2014-2019 and will be followed by Chilled Soup category at a CAGR of 4.9%.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel and it accounted for 82.5% of overall Soup distribution in 2014. It is followed by Convenience Store which has 8.2% share
- Rigid Metal was the preferred packaging material used in the Soup market followed by Flexible Packaging with 9.6% share in 2014.
The report on the Soup market in Canada provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2019
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for the Ambient Soup, Chilled Soup, Frozen Soup, UHT Soup and Dried Soup(mixes) with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2014-2019
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Value shares within each category through channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and more
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for flexible packaging, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; container data for: trays, tubs, foils and others.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyse key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our teams of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Ambient (Canned) Soup (Soups) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Ambient (Canned) Soup (Soups) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and ...
Global Chilled Soup (Soups) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Chilled Soup (Soups) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics" ...
Global Dried Soup (Mixes) (Soups) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Dried Soup (Mixes) (Soups) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...