Table of Contents
Commercial beverages saw a small gain across West Europe for Q2-15, with both soft and alcoholic beverages growing. Greece's debt woes continued to dominate the news, and the Euro subsequently weakened. Low inflation across the region helped consumers overcome this however, encouraging higher spend on refreshment. Despite the region's economy remaining relatively stagnant, consumer confidence levels are reporting at the same, or better, in most of West Europe. Discount retailers continue to capitalise on the evolving consumer preferences since the financial crisis, with new stores opening across Europe. The main stories aside from economics have been an increasing 'war on sugar' spearheaded by Tesco committing to a 5% year on year reduction in sugar from its soft drinks range with brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Coca-Cola responding accordingly. Finally several brands have committed to introducing more environmentally friendly packaging in light of intensifying criticism.
- Commercial beverages rise in quarter 2 with modest growth expected for the full year
- Impact of possible Grexit not as pronounced as some had feared
- Sugar debate gains momentum in many markets
- Discounters continue to raise their presence and invest
Canadean's West Europe Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q2-15 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q2-2015 vs Q2-2014, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2015 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q2-2015 vs Q2-2014, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2015 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2015
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our annual Q2 special focus update on the latest trends in Private Label soft drinks
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the West Europe beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in West Europe to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2015 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Sports Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Sports Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...
Global Squash/Syrups (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Squash/Syrups (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...
Global Energy Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Energy Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...