Table of Contents
The increasing number of drugs that must be infused is creating a new class of drug delivery devices – devices that can deliver therapeutic drugs in volumes up to 10 mL and higher to ambulatory patients. Wearable subcutaneous infusion systems are targeting the growing need for administering biologicals – a segment that includes monoclonal antibodies, immune modulators and blood factors – that are indicated for chronic conditions. These devices distinguish themselves from syringes and injectors by delivering drug volumes in excess of 1-2 mL for durations that are measured in minutes rather than seconds. Several products in this device class have already reached the market, and recent agreements between device suppliers and pharma companies validate the market need that wearable infusion systems address. We expect wearable infusion systems to achieve and sustain double digit unit growth through the end of the decade.
What You Will Learn
- What wearable infusion systems are currently marketed or in development, who are the suppliers, and what are the device specifics?
- What are the therapeutic markets being targeted by wearable infusion systems?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for wearable infusion systems?
- What are the major factors that will drive wearable infusion systems demand?
- How are wearable infusion systems currently aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
- What is the addressable market for wearable infusion systems?
- What is the expected impact of wearable infusion systems on drug delivery markets?
- Who are the significant players in this segment? What are their strategies? Who are their alliance partners?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
North America Facial Injectables Market: Overview This report on the North America facial injectables market analyzes the current and future prospects of the market. The report comprises an elaborate executive ...
Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market: Overview This report on pulmonary drug delivery devices studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report ...
The global injectable drug delivery market, in terms of value, is projected to reach USD 624.50 billion by 2021 from USD 362.38 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 11.5% during the forecast period. The increase ...