Table of Contents
Mobile wallet is a digital wallet that allows users to make payments through smartphones, tablets, phablets, etc., from any location at any time. Mobile wallet market in India is surging on account of growing online transactions, rising trend towards mobile banking, and ease of usage of mobile wallet applications. In 2014-15, major application areas that drove the country’s mobile wallet market included money transfer, mobile recharge and bill payments, utility applications. These applications are being predominantly used by mobile wallet users based in Tier-I cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Chennai. In August 2015, Reserve Bank of India approved payment bank licenses of 11 companies including Vodafone, Airtel, Paytm, etc. Consequently, the mobile wallet market in India is forecast to become highly competitive over the course of next five years. Transportation is an emerging sector in terms of using mobile wallet usage in India. Radio taxi companies such as Uber are entering into partnerships with mobile wallet companies such as Paytm to allow customers make payments through mobile wallet applications.
According to “India Mobile Wallet Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, the mobile wallet market in India is forecast to reach US$ 6.6 billion by 2020. Growing awareness regarding the benefits of mobile wallets, rising smartphone and mobile internet penetration rates, and increasing security measures are expected to drive growth in India mobile wallet market. In 2014, Tier-I cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, etc., registered the highest number of mobile wallet users in the country, while Tier II cities such as Jaipur, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Indore, Patna, etc. are emerging cities in terms of mobile wallet usage. Banking accounted for the largest end user sector in the country’s mobile wallet market in 2014, followed by retail, telecom and transportation sectors. Few of the leading companies operating in India mobile wallet market include One97 Communication Pvt. Ltd., MobiKwik and ItzCash. “India Mobile Wallet Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” discusses the following aspects of Mobile Wallet Market in India:
- India Mobile Wallet Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Application (Money Transfers, Mobile Recharge & Bill Payments, Utilities, etc.) and By End User Sector (Banking, Retail, Telecom, Transportation, etc.)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of India Mobile Wallet Market
- To identify the on-going trends, and anticipated growth over the next five years
- To help industry consultants, mobile wallet service providers align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research-based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with mobile wallet service provider companies in India. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Mobile Payment Technologies Market: Overview This report provides an analysis of the global mobile payment technologies market for the period from 2014 to 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 ...
“Reduction in queuing & transaction time and increased convenience in making low value payments are driving the contactless payment market” The contactless payment market is estimated to grow from ...
This Persistence Market Research report examines the Global mobile payment transaction market for the period 2015- 2020. The primary objective is to offer updates on the advancement in mobile applications ...