Table of Contents
Meat processing is the manufacture of meat products from muscle meat, animal fat and certain non-meat additives. Additives are used to enhance product flavour and appearance. They can also be used to increase product volume. The advantage of meat processing is the integration of certain animal tissues (muscle trimmings, bone scraps, skin parts or certain internal organs which are usually not sold in fresh meat marketing) into the food chain as valuable protein-rich ingredients. Processed meat products, although in some regions still in infancy, are globally gaining popularity and consumption volume.
The global Processed Meat market was worth around $482 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $924 billion by 2020 growing at the CAGR of 14.1% during the forecast period of 2014 to 2020. Major factors driving the growth of the market are demographic changes in terms of age, increase in disposable income and two salaries within the family especially in Asia-Pacific and South America. Growth in food service and retail industry in Asia has led to increased supply of processed meat products. Demand for meat products have also been influenced by the convenience, variety, prices and services that the food retail firms have been offering to their customers. Innovation in processing technologies has led to introduction of diverse products in the market thus ensuring bigger consumer base. Rising cost of feed raw materials is the major problem faced by the manufacturers.
North America is the dominant market accounting for around 35% share of the market. Asia is the potential market mainly due to increased demand for high value protein food and growth in organized retail. China and Brazil are the fastest growing countries in the region. Increased awareness among the masses about the health hazards of processed meat has slowed down the consumption rate in Europe. Russia is estimated to witness the fastest growth rate in Europe.
Processed poultry is the largest segment and accounts for around 40% of the market share. Processed meat of animals such as rabbit, horses among others is the opportunity segment in the matured market like North America and Europe. Although the consumption rate of beef has been declining the consumption of processed beef has shown a steady rise. Cured meat is widely consumed and accounts for 65% of the market share. Fully cooked and formed meat type is the major segment in cured meat.
The key players in the market are focussed on expansion of the business by setting up new plant to increase production capacity and also extending the product line. Mergers and acquisitions of small and medium sized manufacturers to enter in overseas market is another strategy adopted by multinational players. The major players in the market are Cargill Inc., BRF S.A., Marfrig Group, etc.
In this report we offer,
1. Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2. Market analysis for the Global Processed Meat Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5. Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Global Processed Meat market on both global and regional scale.
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
1. For getting a comprehensive overview of the worldwide Processed Meat market
2. To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
3. To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
Please note: this report requires certain updates. We have all the information available but require 2 business days to complete the process and ensure it is as up-to-date as possible.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Cooked Meats (Counter) (Meat) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Cooked Meats (Counter) (Meat) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and ...
Global Cooked Meats (Packaged) (Meat) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Cooked Meats (Packaged) (Meat) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and ...
Global Fresh Meat (Counter) (Meat) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Fresh Meat (Counter) (Meat) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...