Table of Contents
Industry 4.0 Business Ecosystem—Decoding the New Normal : Demystifying the Emerging Industrial Paradigm and Evolving Business Cases for the Future of Manufacturing
With the advent of Industry 4.0 and the dawn of the Digital Enterprise, fundamental transformations are set to disrupt the competitor landscape. This impending change will be aligned with the growing end-user need for reducing costs, expanding innovation, and maximizing productivity. The result will be a grand ecosystem of companies spread across industrial automation, information and communication technology, measurement and instrumentation, and banking and financial services. This ecosystem will be marked by inter-dependency of ideas, technologies, and processes. In this insight, we try to understand the new ecosystem and its attributes across the levels of technology, services, and business models.
Industry 4.0—The Vision
- What is the current state of the industry? What is currently driving the industrial transformation globally?
- What is the significance of Industry 4.0? What are its implications for the industrial suppliers? What are the challenges and opportunities that will emerge in the next 2 decades?
- What are the different constituents of the Industry 4.0 paradigm? Which constituent is most critical for its success and why?
- What is Industrial Internet? How does it compare with Industry 4.0? What are the similarities and differences?
Demystifying Industry 4.0
- What are the key challenges faced by end users in the manufacturing/process segments? What are their expectations and needs for the future?
- What will be the nature of Industry 4.0 strategies of an end user? How will the equation between an end user and supplier transform in the Industry 4.0 age?
- What are the four major functional facets determining supplier strategies in the future? What will be the adoption cycle of Industry 4.0 from an end-user’s standpoint?
- What are some of the key end-user expectations in developed economies from an Industry 4.0 environment?
Industry Convergence—A Key Business Enabler
- What is Industry Convergence? How does information technology (IT), operational technology (OT), and telecommunication impact supplier strategies?
- What is the anchor point of IT-OT-Telecom convergence? What is the nature of supplier transition in the OT space with the onset of convergence?
- How will industry convergence drive enterprise integration? What will be some of the key objectives of such an integrated enterprise? What are some of the application areas that will gain prominence?
- How will industry convergence alter product/solution strategies for suppliers spread across multiple sectors? What will be the innovation needs for them across the value chain?
The Ecosystem of Services
- How are services reshaping the business approach of manufacturers globally?
- How are market pressures making the end users lean towards new service requirements from suppliers?
- What is the evolving framework of Service 2.0? How will services reinvent supplier businesses in the manufacturing landscape?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...