Table of Contents
The Hungarian smoking tobacco market has experienced solid growth in recent decades at the expense of manufactured cigarettes. The cigarettes market is in long-term decline due to high taxes, anti-smoking government regulations, and EU anti-tobacco directives that have pushed up the prices of manufactured cigarettes. As a result, consumers have been increasingly choosing cheaper tobacco alternatives, such as smoking tobacco, to save money. This is illustrated by the growth of smoking tobacco from 0.2% of tobacco volumes in 1990 to 44.7% of volumes in 2015. The sector is forecast to maintain steady growth rates in the medium term as value-seeking consumers continue to switch from cigarettes to smoking tobacco.
- As of 2015, smoking tobacco accounted for 44.7% of the tobacco market from only 0.2% in 1990.
- Of Hungary’s adult population, 29.6% smoke, or 2.4 million people.
- PMI dominates the market with a 30% share of volumes in 2015.
- As of 2015, smoking tobacco volumes reached a new high of 6,675 tons in Hungary.
Smoking Tobacco in Hungary is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Hungarian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
Market Insights The Global Tobacco Packaging market is valued at USD 14.65 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 18.00 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 3.5% ...