Table of Contents
The Swiss outbound market has been growing due to strong currency and low unemployment levels. The stronger currency increased the ability of Swiss people to travel abroad. Visiting friends and relatives (VFR) is the fastest-growing segment and accounted for 23% of trips in 2014. This is largely attributed to a large number of immigrants present in Switzerland who go to their country of origin to meet their friends and relatives. Most VFR trips are within Europe, as 85% of the country's foreign permanent resident population is of European origin.
- The Swiss outbound tourism market recorded strong growth over the last few years, reaching 13.8 million trips in 2014. This growth was driven by a strong Swiss Franc, high disposable income, and a low unemployment rate. VFR has traditionally been an important segment due to the many nationalities that are living the country. Spending per day stood at US$234, while per trip spending stood at US$1633 in 2014.
- Switzerland's LCC share is one of the lowest in Europe; however, the LCC's that are present are rapidly gaining market share. Easy Jet has been expanding its presence by adding international routes and is now the largest airline at Geneva airport
- 88% of all outbound trips are within Europe, and Germany, France, Italy, and Spain are the key source markets. Turkey as an outbound destination has seen rapid growth due to the many promotions, visa free entry, and a good air connectivity between Switzerland and Turkey
Canadean's report - “Source Market Insight: Switzerland” provides detailed information on the Swiss outbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Switzerland's outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in Switzerland's outbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Switzerland Outbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key destination countries
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions. Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and ...
Egypt is one of the fastest growing and most promising economy in Africa. Egypt's high growth rate in recent years was driven by high international tourist inflow, growth in trade & logistics and ICT market. ...
Malaysia Medical Tourism Market: Overview In terms of revenue, the Malaysia medical tourism market is expected to register a CAGR of 30.5% during the forecast period, 2016–2024. The primary objective ...