Table of Contents
Asia continues to be the top medical destination in medical travel. Asian medical destinations continue to offer more and better medical procedures and care than most other medical destinations. Several hospitals in Asia have carved such outstanding reputations for themselves that medical tourism has become a major money-spinner. In countries such as Singapore and Thailand, government agencies have been set up to help market their expertise globally. The Indian government has removed many visa restrictions and introduced a visa-on-arrival scheme for medical tourists from selected countries; this allows foreign nationals to stay in India for 30 days for medical reasons and can even get a visa of up to 1 year depending upon treatment requirements. Special medical travel agencies have sprung up around the world, and top Asian hospitals routinely have special “international” desks and services to assist overseas patients with everything from doctors’ appointments to accommodation.
The Asia medical tourism market is anticipated to grow with a double digit CAGR during the period 2015 to 2020. Thailand holds the highest market share in the Asia medical tourism market. Thailand is being followed by India and Singapore. South Korea stands at the fourth spot in the year 2014 and is likely to more than double its market share by the year 2020, while Malaysia is holding the last spot with XX% market share in the year 2014.
iGATE RESEARCH report entitled “Asia Medical Tourism Market and Forecast to 2020” provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Medical Tourism Landscape in Asia. This 558 page report with 555 Figures and 9 Tables provides a complete analysis of the medical tourist Arrivals and Spending to the Top 5 Asian country.
The Top 5 Countries covered are
1. Singapore (16 Countries Covered)
2. Thailand (15 Countries Covered)
3. South Korea (14 Countries Covered)
4. Malaysia (20 Countries Covered)
5. India (64 Countries Covered)
The Top 5 Countries have been studied from 2 viewpoints.
I. Medical Tourist Arrivals - Country Wise (2004 - 2020)
II. Medical Tourists Spending - Country Wise (2004 - 2020)
Singapore Medical Tourist Arrivals and Spending: (16 Countries Covered)
1. United States 2. Canada 3. Indonesia 4. Malaysia 5. Philippines 6. Thailand 7. China 8. Taiwan 9. Hong Kong 10. South Korea 11. India 12. Netherlands 13. United Kingdom 14. Australia 15. Africa 16. Others
Thailand Medical Tourists Arrivals and Spending: (15 Countries Covered)
1. Japan 2. Asia 3. Middle East 4. United States 5. South Asia 6. Britain 7. Taiwan & China 8. Australia 9. France 10. Germany 11. South Korea 12. Canada 13. East Europe 14. Scandinavia 15. Others
India Medical Tourist Arrivals and Spending: (64 Countries Covered)
1. United States 2. Canada 3. Argentina 4. Brazil 5. Mexico 6. Austria 7. Belgium 8. Denmark 9. Finland 10. France 11. Germany 12. Greece 13. Ireland 14. Italy 15. Netherlands 16. Norway 17. Portugal 18. Spain 19. Sweden 20. Switzerland 21. UK 22. Czech Rep. 23. Hungary 24. Kazakhstan 25. Poland 26. Russian Fed. 27. Ukraine 28. Egypt 29. Kenya 30. Mauritius 31. Nigeria 32. South Africa 33. Sudan 34. Tanzania 35. Bahrain 36. Iraq 37. Israel 38. Oman 39. Saudi Arabia 40. Turkey 41. UAE 42. Yemen 43. Afghanistan 44. Iran 45. Maldives 46. Nepal 47. Pakistan 48. Bangladesh 49. Sri Lanka 50. Bhutan 51.Indonesia 52. Malaysia 53. Myanmar 54. Philippines 55. Singapore 56. Thailand 57. Vietnam 58. China (Main) 59. China (Taiwan) 60. Japan 61. Republic of Korea 62. Australia 63. New Zealand 64. Others
South Korea Medical Tourists Arrivals and Spending: (14 Countries Covered)
1. United States 2. Canada 3. China 4. Japan 5. Russia 6. Mongolia 7. Vietnam 8. Philippines 9. Kazakhstan 10. Saudi Arabia 11. Uzbekistan 12. Indonesia 13. United Arab Emirates 14. Others
Malaysia Medical Tourists Arrivals and Spending: (23 Countries Covered)
1. United States 2. United Kingdom 3. Virgin Islands, British 4. Germany 5. France 6. Libya 7. Indonesia 8. China and Hong Kong 9. Nepal 10. Japan 11. India 12. Myanmar 13. Singapore 14. Philippines 15. Bangladesh 16. Korea 17. Vietnam 18. Iran 19. Saudi Arabia 20. Oman 21. Australia 22. New Zealand 23. Rest of the World
Source of Information
iGATE RESEARCH employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports. This report is built by using data and information sourced from Proprietary Information Database, Primary and Secondary Research Methodologies, and In house analysis by iGATE Research dedicated team of qualified professionals with deep industry experience and expertise.
Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.
Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government And NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries And Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Egypt is one of the fastest growing and most promising economy in Africa. Egypt's high growth rate in recent years was driven by high international tourist inflow, growth in trade & logistics and ICT market. ...
Malaysia Medical Tourism Market: Overview In terms of revenue, the Malaysia medical tourism market is expected to register a CAGR of 30.5% during the forecast period, 2016–2024. The primary objective ...
The global medical tourism market accounts for about $XX billion in 2014 and it is anticipated to reach a market value of $XX billion by the end of 2020 at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period of 2015 ...