Table of Contents
Strategic Analysis of OEM Strategies for All-Wheel Drive Systems in Europe : VW Group will Command 30% Market Share of AWD Vehicles by 2021
Executive Summary—Key Findings
4Motion and Quattro are expected to propel VW Group sales of AWD vehicles far ahead of competitors such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the premium segment.
Total AWD Systems Market: Key Takeaways, Europe, 2014
By 2021, the VW Group is expected to lead all-wheel drive (AWD) sales in the B and C segments, with almost units.
- Vehicles with AWD technology in these segments are expected to double to more than million units by 2021.
- Increasing popularity of crossover utility vehicles and growing demand for technologies that offer superior driving dynamics is expected to increase the take rate for AWD systems.
- The AWD systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of % to nearly € billion in 2021, mainly due to growth in C-segment vehicles.
- Russia has the highest percentage of drivers ( %) willing to spend more than € on full-time 4WD/AWD technology.
- Downsizing driveline architecture and disconnect driveline systems that offer superior fuel efficiency benefits compared to conventional AWD systems are expected to play an important role in the future of AWD technology.
- eAWD technology is expected to become more popular due to its potential to improve fuel economy by % and support original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to meet stringent emission regulations.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Growing vehicle sales and parc is expected to fuel the automotive aftermarket for top 10 components The automotive aftermarket for top 10 components is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.75%, to reach a ...
“The upgradation and implementation of new emission norms are expected to fuel the demand for exhaust system market” The exhaust system market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.45%, to reach a market ...
“Stringent emission regulations and increasing vehicle production & parc are driving the catalytic converter market” The catalytic converter market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.05%, to reach ...