Table of Contents
Analysis of the Global Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems Market in the Energy and the Utility Industries : Energy Demand from Developing Countries Drives the Market
This research service analyzes the global SCADA systems market for the energy and the utility industries. The study covers revenue forecasts for key global regions, revenue types, industry verticals, and distribution channels till 2021. A detailed overview of market share and competitive analysis for geographical regions and industry verticals is supplied. The study also includes an in-depth analysis of the impact of drivers and restraints on market growth.
In 2014, the global SCADA market accounted for $ Million in revenue and is expected to reach $ Billion in 2021, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2014 to 2021.
Asia-Pacific and Latin America offer maximum growth opportunity and are anticipated to register CAGRs of % and %, respectively. The high growth forecast is due to the significant amount of expansion happening in the energy industry to support economic developments.
In the revenue category, service revenue is expected to lead market growth with an expected CAGR of %. However, hardware remains the largest segment; it held a % share in 2014.
The key growth driver is the expansion in the electric power industry, which is the result of several greenfield expansions in developing markets, such as China, India, Brazil, and Indonesia. In addition, the renewable energy sector is expanding and is emerging as the new target for growth with projects in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
With rising concerns about the security of user automation assets due to the frequent cyberattacks, cybersecurity issues remain the key restraint in terms of the adoption of SCADA systems.
- Is the SCADA systems market growing? What is the short- and long-term growth potential of the market?
- What are the key drivers and restraints impacting the market? How will these factors impact the market in the short and long terms?
- What are the key technology and business trends that are poised to disrupt the market?
- What are the major end-user industries for SCADA systems? Which industries will offer maximum growth opportunities during the forecast period?
- How has the competitive landscape changed? What is the relative positioning of competitors in the market?
- Which global regions offer maximum growth opportunities for the SCADA systems market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Growth Opportunities to Secure the Digital Transformation Journey of Critical Infrastructures The Asia-Pacific Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security market with estimated revenue of $380.4 million ...
“Smart factory market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2017 and 2022” The smart factory market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.3% between 2017 and 2022, to reach USD 205.42 ...
“OT market expected to grow at a significant rate between 2017 and 2022” The operational technology (OT) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% between 2017 and 2022 and is expected to be worth ...
Oil And Gas