Table of Contents
On account of rising number of e-commerce websites, growing internet penetration, and increasing sophistication and diversification of small businesses, India’s e-commerce market is forecast to grow exponentially over the next five years. Besides the obvious ease that online platform offers to shoppers, consumers in India are increasingly opting for online shopping as online retailers offer huge discounts on their products. Private label brands, launched by various online retailers, are also fueling growth in the country’s e-commerce market as retailers are now able to offer a wider range of products to their customers at competitive prices. The country’s e-commerce market is forecast to witness staggering growth on the back of increasing working population and growing number of middle class households, which is expected to reach around 53 million by the end of 2015, and is further anticipated to double by 2025.
According to “India E-commerce Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, the country’s e-commerce market is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 36% during 2015 - 2020. E-services segment, which comprises online travel, online payments, online classifieds, etc., is expected to continue its domination through 2020. However, the e-tail segment that includes electronics, apparels & accessories, health and personal care, etc., is expected to witness significantly higher market growth compared to e-services segment over the next five years. During 2015-20, the western region is expected to remain the largest e-commerce market in the country. Major players operating in India’s e-tail market include Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon. “India E-commerce Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” report highlights the following aspects related to e-commerce market in India:
- India E-commerce Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – E-services (Online Travel, Online Payments, Online Classifieds, etc.) and E-tail (Electronics, Apparels & Accessories, Health & Personal Care, Books & Media, Home Appliances, etc.)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Strategic Recommendations & Competitive Landscape
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of E-commerce market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth over next five years
- To help industry consultants, distributors and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary sources. Primary research includes interviews with leading online retailers and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
Analysis of Key Sectors of BIMSTEC Countries with production, consumption, imports and exports, BIMSTEC Countries major sectors, investment in BIMSTEC countries, BIMSTEC Countries investment outlook Description ...
ASEAN was founded in 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Later Brunei, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar were also added to this economically motivated organization. Its prime ...
Four Asian Tigers term was used for free and developed economies of Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. All the countries maintained their economic growth since 1960’s, fueled by exports and ...