Table of Contents
While nickel-based batteries are not new to the market, it is only recently that they have started gaining much popularity due to their higher capacity. There are two main types of nickel-based batteries - nickel cadmium and nickel metal hydride batteries. While NiMH batteries are considered to be safer than NiCd batteries, the fact remains that both these nickel-based batteries are finding favor with automobile manufacturers as well as manufacturers of consumer electronics.
NiMH are being used in many high tech devices these days and have a longer lasting capacity as compared to NiCd batteries. Finding popularity in computers and medical equipments, NiMH batteries are now being used successfully in many electric vehicles. However, the high cost of NiMH batteries remains a challenge for the future growth of this segment.
Meanwhile, NiCd batteries offer the advantage of being rechargeable and hence are being used successfully in portable electronic devices as well as mobile phones. Many toys and power tools also make use of NiCd batteries. NiCd batteries do not make up a huge portion of the nickel-based battery market and account for only about 12% of the entire nickel-based battery market. We estimate that the nickel-based battery market will be worth over $7.5 billion by the end of 2017.
Taiyou Research presents an analysis of the Global Market for Nickel-based Batteries. The report covers the following:
- An introduction to nickel-based batteries including an overview of nickel metal hydride batteries and nickel cadmium batteries. The various uses of nickel-based batteries are analyzed, along with a comparison with other batteries.
- An analysis of the global market for nickel-based batteries including an industry overview, analysis of the supply chain, global reserves of nickel, industry revenues, and the market share of NiMH batteries used in consumer electronics and electric vehicles.
- Growth determinants and market constraints are analyzed including the importance of nickel batteries in the automotive sector, the increase in demand for better storage systems, supply issues of lithium due to which nickel is emerging as a popular choice, regulatory support received by battery manufacturers, the impact of Chinese manufacturers, and much more.
- We analyze the key markets of Asia Pacific, Europe and North America and the revenues of nickel-based batteries from all three regions.
- Regulatory framework impacting the growth of nickel-based batteries are looked at.
- Industry forecast is included for the overall nickel-based battery market as well as for the segments of nickel cadmium batteries and nickel metal hydride batteries.
- Companies profiled in this report include the Saft Groupe, Sanyo, Energizer, Duracell, GP and Panasonic.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Use this report to: - Gain insight into the market dynamics of advanced battery and fuel cell technologies in terms of market value, number of units shipped and types of materials used. - Identify leading ...
“Lithium ion battery market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The lithium ion battery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.6% between 2016 and 2022 to be ...
“Global flexible battery market to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The flexible battery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 46.6% between 2016 and 2022 to reach USD ...