Table of Contents
North American Combined Heat and Power Generation Market :Market Likely to Experience Upward Trend Backed by Regulatory Support and Positive Spark Spread
The research provides an analysis of the North American combined heat and power (CHP) market. It presents a forecast of the CHP market and lists the challenges and opportunities along with the regulatory framework and policies. The study also covers the current state and future potential of CHP in North America. Apart from the technological advancements and selection criteria for various CHP technologies, it discusses the economic feasibility and spark spread analysis of CHP units. The study includes a competitive analysis and discusses the market drivers and restraints. The base year of the study is 2014, while the forecast period ranges from 2015 to 2020.
-Combined heat and power (CHP) technology has the ability to save energy and reduce emissions. It therefore helps to reduce energy costs and provides more efficient thermal energy and electric power.
- At present, the United States has about GW of existing CHP installed capacity with more than industrial and commercial facilities. More than two-thirds of these facilities are fueled by natural gas, and the rest by renewable biomass, process wastes, and coal.
- This represents about % of the current power generating capacity and more than % of the total MWh generated annually.
- About % of the total CHP capacity finds application in industries that provide power and steam to chemicals, paper, refining, food processing, and metals manufacturing industries.
- The rest % is used to provide heating and cooling to hospitals, schools, university campuses, hotels, nursing homes, office buildings, and apartment complexes.
- CHP is gaining momentum in North America due to its role in increasing energy efficiency. Such benefits of CHP have been recognized by the Federal and State policymakers.
- What is the current status of the North American CHP market?
- To what extent will the CHP market grow by 2021? What are the factors driving the market’s growth?
- What is the expected future capacity addition in the CHP Market in North America by 2021? Which sector is likely to experience a high demand for CHP?
- What is the government doing to promote the development of CHP in North America?
- What is the significance of spark spread in the CHP market? What is the correlation between favorable spark spread and natural gas prices?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The small wind market is expected to reach USD 954.7 million by 2021” The small wind market is expected to grow from an estimated USD 405.0 million in 2016 to USD 954.7 million by 2021. Energy consumption ...
Combined heat and power (CHP) is an efficient and clean approach to generating electric power and useful thermal energy from a single fuel source. Instead of purchasing electricity from the distribution ...
The share of power of generation from renewable sources is increased with time in the recent decade. The off grid CHP market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years as people became aware ...