Table of Contents
Analysis of the Global Automotive Elastomers Market : Emphasis on Lightweighting Materials to Drive Market Revenue
The research provides a detailed analysis of the global automotive elastomers market. The scope of the study covers the two major elastomers: synthetic and thermoplastic. The study provides detailed insight in terms of revenues and forecasts. The study also analyzes different product trends in each of these elastomers and the variation in application and technology. Significant factors that are driving the current market accompanied with the restraining forces are described, along with their long term impacts. Key competitive factors are identified and product matrix of the top market participants is provided for each of the elastomers. The study period is 2011 to 2021. The base year of the study is 2014, with forecasts up to 2021.
The thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) segment, in comparison to synthetic elastomers, is at the forefront of technological advancements due to its chemical geometry, which supports design flexibility and customization.
- TPE materials are primarily focused on improving the lightweighting attributes, thereby enhancing fuel economy and reducing overall cost. Furthermore, the high recyclable content makes TPE the sought-after material for sustainable solutions. Housing a wide range of applications, TPE penetration in different automotive applications is expected to accelerate during the forecast period.
- However, major synthetic elastomer manufacturers have started to introduce specialty grades in their portfolio to compete with the TPE materials, in terms of withstanding high operating temperature and design flexibility.
- For instance, Zeon Chemicals maintains an extensive product line, which is a good mix of general grade nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) and specialty grades of hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR), polyepichlorohydrin (ECO), polyacrylate (ACM), aflas (fluoroelastomers). This approach has helped the company maintain a competitive edge.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- At what stage is the market lifecycle, and how is it expected to grow?
- What are the key factors driving and restraining market growth?
- What are the dynamics influencing automotive application segments?
- What are the growth opportunities for the different automotive application segments?
- Who are the leading market participants?
- What are the key competitive factors governing the market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The growing use of elastomers in the automotive industries is a key factor for the growth of the elastomers market” The global elastomers market size (2016–2021) is estimated to reach USD 92.36 ...
“The isoprene market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during forecast period” The isoprene market is projected to reach USD 2.96 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2016 to 2021. Isoprene ...
Elastomer is a polymer containing both elasticity and viscosity. These polymers have very weak inter-molecular forces, high failure strain, and low Young’s modulus. These are formed from the monome ...