Table of Contents
360 Degree Analysis of the Silicones Market for the Automotive Industry : Growing Adoption in Under-the-Hood Applications Drives Volumes
This analysis identifies the major industry drivers, restraints, and regulatory and technology trends affecting the global market for silicones in the automotive industry- The product segments covered include adhesives and sealants, and elastomers- Unit shipment and revenue forecasts are provided at a regional level for each segment for the period 2011 to 2021- At the segment level, the analysis focuses on the market dynamics in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World, and provides regional-level application splits for each product segment- Unit shipment by chemistry is provided in the elastomers segment for high consistency rubber (HCR), liquid silicone rubber (LSR), and fluorosilicone rubber (FSR)- Competitive structure and market share data have been provided for each segment-
The market for silicones in the automotive industry is driven by the growing need for lightweighting and lowering carbon emissions-
• Silicone elastomers dominate the market with % of the volume and are expected to reach % of the total volumes by 2021- Regionally, Asia-Pacific (APAC) dominates the market with a volume share of % in 2014, which is expected to reach % by 2021 due to high growth in automotive production-
• Superior properties of silicones, such as resistance to heat, chemicals, ultraviolet (UV) rays, and corrosion, drive adoption in the adhesives and sealants, and elastomers segments-
• The under-the-hood segment presents significant opportunities for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) as they look to develop smaller engines and implement lightweighting, which results in higher temperatures-
• Silicone elastomers face competition from other elastomers such as natural rubber, ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM), and chloroprene rubber in the automotive industry primarily due to the high costs of silicone elastomers-
• The market for silicone adhesives and sealants is driven by the growing automotive industry and their increasing adoption in new applications- However, the high costs of silicone adhesives and sealants, and elastomers is a major factor restraining their adoption-
• The adhesives and sealants segment is dominated by integrated silicone manufacturers and a small number of adhesives and sealants formulators- The majority of silicone elastomers are supplied to compounders and Tier manufacturers by integrated silicone manufacturers-
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The growing use of elastomers in the automotive industries is a key factor for the growth of the elastomers market” The global elastomers market size (2016–2021) is estimated to reach USD 92.36 ...
“The isoprene market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during forecast period” The isoprene market is projected to reach USD 2.96 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2016 to 2021. Isoprene ...
Elastomer is a polymer containing both elasticity and viscosity. These polymers have very weak inter-molecular forces, high failure strain, and low Young’s modulus. These are formed from the monome ...