Table of Contents
The Convergence of Therapy & Delivery Market-driven Product Strategies 2 Increases in life expectancy are expected to result in a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and logistical implications of this trend, pressure from public health and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration Specialty Injectable formulation and packaging decisions are increasingly being based on the results of human engineering inputs and patient preference research. Branding and packaging choices are more frequently being driven by data sources historically employed by consumer product marketers. For drug developers and device suppliers, the implications of these trends are influencing product development methodology and changing supply chain relationships.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
What You Will Learn
- What are the currently marketed specialty injectable drugs intended for patient self administration?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for self-injectable specialty drugs and what are their growth prospects?
- What are the key formulation and packaging factors and market development issues for self-administered specialty injectables?
- What does the current self-injectable specialty drug market look like, who are the market leaders, and what will this market look like in 2022?
- What are the important therapeutic market segments for self-injectable specialty drugs, how large are they, and how fast are they growing?
- How important are pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in this market segment?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors in this market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%” The tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 9.30 billion ...
“Growing demand from the pharmaceutical & healthcare sector to drive the market for anti-counterfeit packaging” The global market for anti-counterfeit packaging is projected to grow from USD 107.26 ...
“The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during forecast period, 2016 to 2021.” The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to reach USD 94.93 billion by 2021, ...