Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) - Epidemiology Forecast to 2025
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus that impairs and destructs the CD4 cells of the immune system. This weakens the immune system, leaving an infected individual more susceptible to other illnesses and, over time, impairing the individual’s ability to fight off infections.
GlobalData epidemiologists utilized national and international HIV and AIDS databases, surveillance data, and robust peer-reviews journal articles to build the forecast of total prevalent and diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM. HIV is defined as an infection with HIV, regardless of the stage of disease. This corresponds to the International Classification of Diseases 10th edition (ICD-10) code B20. Diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV were segmented by age and sex using country-specific data, whenever available; when data were not available, appropriate proxies were used. For Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists provided an alternative forecast for the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV, which better aligns with the ART market sales data after consolidation. GlobalData epidemiologists also provide an alternative forecast for Japan in the EpiCast model based on the reported prevalent HIV cases.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM will increase from 3,632,410 in 2015 to 4,266,548 in 2025 at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.75%. The US will have the highest number of total prevalent cases of HIV in both 2015 and 2025 at 1,315,263 and 1,514,925, respectively. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM will increase from 2,926,335 in 2015 to 3,616,811 in 2025 at an AGR of 2.36%. In Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV to increase from 20,438 in 2015 to 25,417 in 2025 at an AGR of 2.44%.
- The Humman Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends for HIV in the nine major markets (9MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and China). For the 8MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, and China) it also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of HIV (both sexes and all ages), and diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV segmented by sex and age from 2015-2025. The diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV are further segmented into those receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART), those with hepatitis B virus (HBV) co-infection, and those with hepatitis C virus (HCV) co-infection. For Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists provide a 10-year forecast for the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV segmented by sex and age from 2015-2025. The 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV are further segmented into those receiving ART, those with HBV co-infection, and those with HCV co-infection.
- The HIV epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Reasons to buy
The HIV EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global HIV market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for HIV therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Understand co-infection population and ART treated population for HIV patients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The HIV diagnosis market is projected to reach USD 3.88 billion by 2021 from USD 2.35 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 10.5% from 2016 to 2021. The global HIV diagnosis market is segmented based on product, ...
This unique report from VPGMarketResearch provides sales and market share estimates for major suppliers of blood typing, grouping and infectious disease screening products by test and country. The report ...
This unique market intelligence report from VPGMarketResearch provides information not available from any other published source. The report includes diagnostics sales and market share estimates by product ...