Table of Contents
Profiling the Top Mergers and Acquisition Within Medical Devices Space : Changing Healthcare Dynamics Driving the M&A
The landscape of healthcare is rapidly changing worldwide as governments are reducing healthcare spending through means such as reimbursement cuts. The medical devices market bears the direct brunt of these measures. To overcome this, medical device companies are involved in active
- As the Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO) become the new norm worldwide to create the value-based healthcare, companies expand their product portfolio to have a competitive advantage and bargaining power.
- The ability to seize upon cross-selling opportunities and to build a comprehensive product portfolio is considered as an effective way for the company to increase its footprint within the market. Almost % of the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) that occurred from 2013 to 2015 was inline with this.
- As most of the patient care is delivered outside the hospitals, companies are actively looking to provide both product and service solutions to home care and long-term care. This is achieved by either acquiring the service-oriented companies or by partnering with them.
- Increasing market pressure turns companies focus to certain segments and offload businesses that do not fit into that strategy. A considerable number of deals in 2014-15 involved larger companies acquiring smaller ones with novel technologies that were clinically proven to be superior to existing technologies.
- Many of the merger deals are driven not only by strategic interests but also based on the tax inversion that can significantly influence the company’s profit margins. In 2015 alone, 3 US firms moved its legal domicile to a lower-tax country.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This unique 68-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to assist diagnostics industry executives, as well ...
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...