Table of Contents
Evolution - or Revolution – in Injectable Devices
The trend toward patient self-administration of injectables continues to have a broad influence on the drug delivery sector. While prefillable syringe manufacturers continue to improve and refine their products, from a materials technology standpoint the most dynamic developments are occurring in the refinement of PFS constructed of plastic rather than glass.
To date, plastic PFS have made significant inroads in EMS injectables, a segment dominated by Hospira’s Ansyr plastic PFS product line. Now, as materials technology continues to advance, market sector participants are targeting mainstream therapeutic drugs.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical
infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic
self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company
decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
What You Will Learn
- What injectable drugs are currently delivered in plastic prefillable syringes, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the important plastic prefillable syringe suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
- What are the major factors driving plastic prefillable syringe demand?
- How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for plastic prefillable syringe drug products?
- How are plastic prefillable syringes aligned with various drug classes and therapeutic markets?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting plastic prefillable syringes?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
This study covers the world outlook for prefilled syringes across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings (P.I.E.), fo ...
This study covers the world outlook for prefilled syringes and cartridges across more than 190 countries. For each year reported, estimates are given for the latent demand, or potential industry earnings ...
Pharmaceutical contract packaging refers to the outsourcing of secondary operations like drug packaging and labelling to third parties. A contract pharmaceutical packager provides services, facilities ...