Table of Contents
Analyzing the Growth of Dual Therapy Inhalers
Combination inhalers – oral inhalers containing two drugs that complement the therapeutic actions of one another – have seen a significant increase in development activity and product proliferation in the past five years. Growth is being driven by improved patient experience as derived from ease-of use (fewer devices/medications to administer) and for many patients improved control of symptoms associated with upper airway diseases. Combination inhalers most commonly consist of an inhaled corticosteroid in combination with a bronchodilator. These products are realizing significant commercial success in the two markets for which they are indicated – Asthma and COPD - both of which are forecast to grow at impressive rates for the remainder of the decade.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
- Analyzes the market for combination (dual drug) oral inhalers
- Assesses oral inhalation device technology for delivering multiple drugs, and evaluates product technology issues and evolving market factors
- Provides detailed assessments of combination drug inhalers, their growth prospects and market potential
- Evaluates development-stage dual therapy inhalers and assesses likely market entry timelines
- Provides market data and forecasts for dual drug oral inhaler products to 2022
- Profiles inhaled drug product market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies
- Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on inhaled drug companies and their alliance partners
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Description As new targeted asthma therapies emerge, is time running out for Xolair? Xolair’s unique position in the targeted asthma treatment market is under threat. Teva’s Cinqair and GSK’s Nucala ...
Global Respiratory Complications Therapeutics Market to 2022 - Innovative Pneumonia and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Therapies Dominate Varied Disease Market Summary Respiratory complications are a ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Therapeutics in US$ Million. The Global market is analyzed by the following Drug Class and Brands: Endothelin Recepto ...