Table of Contents
Executive Analysis of the Global Operations of Ford Motor Company: Ford Targets a 50% Growth Rate and 9.4 Million Unit Sales by 2020
This research service provides a strategic overview of Ford Motor Company and identifies and interprets the factors that contribute to its success. It covers the company's product portfolio and sales performance and analyses its key operational strategies, with a focus on its corporate structure and product strategies. Some of these strategies include product planning, product development, product positioning, and branding. Technology strategies include research and development, platform, powertrain, and vehicular communication. The study ends with key conclusions and recommendations.
Executive Summary—Key Findings
Ford Motor Company: Key Findings, Global, 2014
- Ford Motor Company, comprising the Ford and the Lincoln brands, is the 6th largest global automotive group in the world. As of 2014, it had sold more than million vehicles.
- Ford is aggressively expanding its global market share and is expected to record a CAGR of %, targeting a million unit sales by 2020.
Ford‘s vision under its new leadership is to accelerate the One Ford plan that was announced in 2007 under its ex-Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- The key focus of the plan is to restructure and streamline operations and product line-up, launch new models in line with customer needs, improve profitability, and work more effectively as ?one team‘. Ford Introduction Corporate Strategy
- The company has established 8 global engineering R&D centres that work collaboratively across regions.
- The group is streamlining operations and improving efficiency by consolidating platforms, which will shrink to in 2016 from in 2007. Platform and R&D Strategy Ford targets a sale of million units by 2020; a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % is anticipated from 2014 to 2022
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the drivers behind Ford’s automotive and financial success that have helped it achieve 24 quarters of continuous profits? Super Segment is one of the many things tracked within Ford to ensure continued success. What are the others?
- How is Ford targeting a global unit sales of 9.4 million by 2020? Which segments, models, and regions will be key? Could Lincoln go beyond its targeted 300,000 units sales by 2020?
- What are Ford’s global product, technology, and market channel strategies? Do they differ by markets (developed versus emerging) and brands (Ford versus Lincoln)?
- How is the One Ford strategy linked to the company’s manufacturing-related decisions? How does the supply chain align with them?
- What were Ford’s 25 mobility experiments unveiled at Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2015 and how do they tie into the mobility blueprint the company firmed up at start of the decade?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Superconductor market is accounted for $0.82 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $2.71 billion by 2022 growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6%. ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Full Body Scanners market is accounted for $0.68 billion in 2015 and expected to reach $7.82 billion by 2022 growing at a CAGR of 41.7% from 2015 to 2022. Huge ...
About Spectroscopy Spectroscopy is the study of interactions between matter (atom or mass) and electromagnetic radiation. It involves the study of different spectrums of light like infrared, ultraviolet, ...