Table of Contents
The Global Fracking Proppants market accounted for $53.03 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.68% to reach $115.68 billion by 2022. Industrial shift towards alternative energy resources is the key factor favouring the market growth. The increasing demand for energy and unconventional gas are the key drivers, whereas the high logistics cost is inhibiting the fracking proppants market growth. The future growth lies in Potential Explorable Reserves. At present, proppant market is in surplus, so demand for proppant market continues to plunge due to culmination activities between operators and reduced drilling.
The frac sand proppants is the leading segment accounting for around 86% of the market share, leaving resin-coated proppants and ceramic proppants with around 14%. Majority of manufacturers are using proppants products due to their low cost and abundant availability. There are many deposits of silica sand that meet specifications of American Petroleum Institute (API) for frac sand in the U.S., yet not all silica sand can be used for this purpose. Proppants are essential to the development of oil and gas production in North America.
Global fracking proppants market is segmented by type and by geography. Based on type, market is categorised into ceramic, resin coated proppants and frac sand. Resin coated proppants market is further segmented into resin-coated sand, and resin-coated ceramics. Market by geography is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. North America and Asia Pacific has the largest market and expected to lead the market till 2022, followed by Rest of the World.
The key players in the market include, Santrol, Unimin Corporation, Hi-Crush Partners LP, fores Ltd., Momentive Speciality Chemicals Inc., Carbo Ceramics, Yixing Orient Petroleum Proppant Co. Ltd, U.S. Silica Holdings Inc., Borovichi Refractories Plant, and Mineracao Curimbaba Ltd.
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 8 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Waterborne Ink Market: Overview Waterborne ink is also known as water-based ink. Its drying speed is sluggish compared to solvent-based inks. Ink is a blend of colorant, vehicle (resin), solvent, ...
Global Waterbased Coating Market: Overview Water-based coatings are a type of coating which use water as a solvent. Water is employed as a dispersal agent for resins to make them eco-friendly and easy ...
“High temperature resin market to register a CAGR of 4.44% between 2016 and 2026” The global high temperature resin market is estimated to reach USD 4.88 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.44% from 2016 ...