European Substation Automation Market : Continued Solution Innovation Drives Growth
This research service on the European substation automation market presents a detailed analysis of key market trends, market drivers and restraints, revenue forecasts for the hardware and the software segments, country-wise forecasts, and market share analysis. It also provides an in-depth analysis of the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in substation automation. The study period is from 2013 to 2020, the base year is 2015, and the forecast period is from 2016 to 2020.
-The European substation automation market will grow consistently over the forecast period; it is anticipated to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of % from 2015 to 2020. Investments in T&D infrastructure are traditionally spread over long periods and investment plans are often made for an - year period.
- In 2015, the market generated a revenue of $ million, which is forecast to reach $ million in 2020. The highest growth rate will be recorded in 2020 ( %) as ICT will begin to play an increasingly prominent role thereon.
- The United Kingdom, Germany, and France accounted for % of the revenue in 2015. Germany and the United Kingdom will be the fastest-growing markets with CAGRs of % and %, respectively. A low CAGR is forecast for France ( %).
- Eastern Europe and Italy will record the lowest CAGRs of % and %, respectively.
- The market is dominated by participants, namely ABB, Siemens, Alstom Grid, and Schneider Electric. Together, they will account for a % share in 2015. ABB and Siemens will contribute %. This market dominance will continue during the forecast period.
- In the near future, the most important ICT components will be sensors and communications management. This is because distribution network operators (DNOs) will increase measurement and communication at substations, which must be done as a precursor to greater intelligence.
- ICT stakeholders are increasingly communicating their security and privacy roadmaps to DNOs to address the cyber security concerns that have traditionally restrained the market.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer - Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate? - How are the dynamics of the European power generation and transmission industry set to change over the forecast period? - What are the key decisive factors that will drive the market forward in the coming years? - What are the key regional markets in Europe that hold potential for growth? - How is the competitive landscape of this market split across various substation automation vendors? - What are the key factors likely to challenge the growth of the market during the forecast period?
Table Of Contents
European Substation Automation MarketÂ Table Of Contents 1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
ICT's Role in Substation Automation 1 ICT's Impact on Energy Systems 2 ICT Components in Substation Automationâ4 Key Segments 3 ICT Components in DetailâOperational Technology 4 ICT Components in DetailâIT 5 ICT Components in DetailâCommunication 6 ICT Components in DetailâEnd Devices 7 ICT and Industry Ecosystems
5 FORECASTS AND TRENDSâTOTAL SUBSTATION AUTOMATION MARKET
Forecasts and TrendsâTotal Substation Automation Market 1 Measurements 2 Measurements 3 Forecast Assumptions 4 Revenue Forecast 5 Revenue Forecast Discussion 6 Per Cent Revenue Forecast by Country 7 Revenue Forecast by Country 8 Revenue Forecast Discussion by Country
6 MARKET SHARE AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSISâTOTAL SUBSTATION AUTOMATION MARKET
The Last Word 1 3 Big Predictions 2 Legal Disclaimer
Appendix 1 Additional Sources of Information on the Substation Automation Market 2 Partial List of Market Participants
19 THE FROST and SULLIVAN STORY
The Frost and Sullivan Story 1 The Frost and Sullivan Story 2 Value PropositionâFuture of Your Company and Career 3 Global Perspective 4 Industry Convergence 5 360Âº Research Perspective 6 Implementation Excellence 7 Our Blue Ocean Strategy